student volunteer opportunities
allen school all star program
the allen school of health science’s all star program will do all this and more! get involved in the all-star program and gain points for each event you attend. become a top tier gold level allen school of health sciences all star and earn rewards, bragging rights, and a great bullet point on your resume!
all star events
- susan g. komen – race for the cure – assisted with blood pressure screenings for walgreens pharmacy
- cystic fibrosis foundation – cycle for life – assisted in a first aid capacity with non emergency and emergency situations
- american kidney fund – pair up event launch to raise awareness for kidney disease – assisted with blood pressure screenings
- national kidney foundation – kidney early evaluation program in brooklyn – assisted with providing screenings to help identify early indicators of kidney disease
- ps15 healthfair – partnered with long island college hospital to provide blood pressure screenings
- national kidney foundation – kidney early evaluation program in queens – assisted with various screenings to help identify early indicators of kidney disease.
- ny marathon – assisting in a first aid capacity for runners
all star testimonials
Thank you again for your assistance with securing 4 students to conduct blood pressure screenings for our Pair Up Launch in Times Square on September 22nd. Your students, with the assistance of 1 AKF staff member, was able to provide blood pressure screenings for 142 people in 2.5 hours, which was great! As our Communications & Marketing staff reviews pictures in the upcoming weeks, I will touch base with them to see if we can provide you a few action shot prints for your display. For now, there are a couple of pictures on american kidney fund’s Facebook page with the students under the photos. Thanks again!
trina – american kidney fund
we could not have done our event without your allen school students.
cystic fibrosis foundation
your students were exceptional- enthusiastic and ready to work. i was only there for the morning portion (9-12:30) but my colleague reported that the afternoon students were great as well.
further, there was an incident where a patient fainted (downstairs away from the blood pressure screening, totally unrelated) and aishah aponte was the student who took the patient’s blood pressure. my colleague, sujeiry, says that aishah handled the situation very well, like a true professional.
thank you so much for your collaboration on this program. once again, the students were wonderful and we hope to work with them again in the future.
katherine – national kidney foundation
i must thank you for all of the wonderful medical assistants that you sent to us for the susan g. komen event on sunday, 9/18. the students were punctual, pleasant, professional and knowledgeable. in addition to blood pressure screenings they helped us with other activities on site. it was a pleasure dealing with all of them and i am sure that our district would look forward to the opportunity to work with the allen school in the future.